Looking for cheap holidays for a city break? Visit cheapholidays.com
Calaguas Island showcases a lot of activities aside from what others promise that they will give you an ultimate camping experience or even an ultimate beach bumming experience.
Swimming, beach volleyball, island hopping soul restoration and of course, picture taking are some of the activities that we usually do on the beaches that we've gone to. But wait, there's more, my recent visit in this island made me realize that a lot of activities that everyone can enjoy here aside from what i mentioned above.
Let me enumerate to you the activities
I had a chance to experience snorkeling on the deeper part of the sea, then, i found out that even-though there were no coral reefs around where am I located, the picturesque view of the sand patterns and some sand dunes do exist. I do had a chance to saw some fishes and some of them do swims with me.
It's a must to bring an underwater camera :)
|Photo by Ivan Cultura|
2. Trekking- Trekking on the rocky and on the mountain part of the island is best during early in the morning, before the sun rises. Some of the best landscape views in this island can be found on it's rocky side. Just remember to put some insect repellant, and take extra care while trekking, because most of the rock formation there were slippery and sharp.
3. Skimboarding- An emerging water sport in the beaches of Camarines Norte. Skim boading uses small board(around 1 meter in length) to glide on the water. There's a shop there that let's anyone rent a board on hourly basis.
4. Kayaking - Because huge waves were rarely appears on the crystal clear water on this beach, kayaking is an activity that anyone will enjoy here, together with snorkeling.
5. Bird Watching - While i was trekking, i was surprised to saw a lot of different species of birds on the hillside of the island. Too bad i don't have a telephoto lens to capture some of the birds that i saw, so it's a must for you to bring one.
6. Meet the locals - Nothing knows all about this island aside from their local people, talk to them, share stories with them and make friends with them.
So far, Calaguas Island is still on my number 1 best beach that I've visited. Even on my 2nd visit, there's still, It's wow factor.