Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Simbang Gabi in Abu Dhabi.

              
               "So this is Christmas"

              Finally, Christmas Season is here, the season we've always waiting for(aside from summer season). But for me, this Christmas will going to be just an ordinary day because of my work as a full time barista, I dont have a chance to attend those numerous Christmas party invites from my frineds in Al Ain, Dubai and Abu Dhabi.  But eventhough I am busy this week and the weeks to come, I cant and I dont want to miss the "simbang gabi" or midnight mass, which is a Filipino tradition.

            The Simbang Gabi starts on December 16 to December 25, 9 consecutive mornings and they've said that whoever completed the 9 masses, his/her wish can come true.

             It's my first time to spend Christmas away from home, and yes, Christmas won't be the same without you. (huh??????) I feel kinda sad because im far away from my family and friends who I always spend  this season with.

             I had a chance to attend the Simbang Gabi here in Abu Dhabi. Curious while on the way to the church,  I can see that a lot of people are heading to the only catholic church here, All the buses are full and most of the passengers are kabayan(Filipino).

             Surprised to see a lot of Filipino's selling Filipino delicacies which is hard to find here. Arroz Caldo, Kwek-Kwek, Barbeque, Itlog na Pula, Siopao etc, they have it.



             




           
                Inside the church was occupied by the Filipino's together with their friends, families, and some of them are like me, alone. It feels like home for me, it makes me laugh to see those crying kids who at the middle of the mass wants to go home (Because im used to be like them before).

               And of course after the mass, the food stalls outside the church is their next destination.

               Like what I've said, this is my 1st Christmas away from my home, my family, my friends. Sad, but still, life must go on.  

               MALIGAYANG PASKO.












              

13 comments:

  1. naks kevin boy! may post ka na ulet!!!! YahooO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DRaft pa lang to, i need to sleep early, may work pa bukas eh, ahahahaha

      Delete
  2. Your post is very nice and beautiful andjmifx i got many tips ideas from your post thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This particular movement provides achieved a completely new degree on account of of
    on-line blog-post products and services that one could take on the path.
    As most buyers take more time on the web, weblogs like make this happen
    punch the research in super speed
    Here is my page ; Treatment Of Genital Warts

    ReplyDelete
  4. When some one searches for his necessary thing, therefore he/she wishes
    to be available that in detail, thus that thing is maintained over here.
    Here is my web-site how To Make money onlie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I every time used to read post in news papers but now as I
    am a user of web therefore from now I am using net for
    articles, thanks to web.
    Here is my homepage ; seo agency

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! I've been reading your weblog for a while now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood Tx! Just wanted to tell you keep up the great job!

    Review my webpage; http://www.katzen-lexikon.de/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there! This post could not be written any better!
    Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate!
    He always kept talking about this. I will forward this post to him.

    Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for
    sharing!

    My web site; clothes shopping online

    ReplyDelete
  8. You could certainly see your skills within the work you write.
    The world hopes for more passionate writers such
    as you who aren't afraid to mention how they believe. Always follow your heart.

    My web-site :: insurance claims

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's up, its good piece of writing on the topic of media print, we all understand media is a fantastic source of data.

    Also visit my blog post; coffee maker ratings

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the admin of thіѕ wеb pagе is actually workіng haгd for hіs wеb
    site, as here еvеrу information is quality based materіal.



    Reѵiеw my homepage ... Thailand Phuket Motels

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is no place like home. And there is no christmas like that in the Philippines. Absolutely.

    property shop abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  12. This can be an item that is wonderful, if you're able to obtain it
    to utilize you.
    A typical 4-year could start to recognize unfairness and understand the required abilities to stop it.


    My page jailbreak iOS 7.1.1

    ReplyDelete