Thursday, April 18, 2013

Desert Safari Travel Tips(for solo backpacker).



          They say that "Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer" and I do believe on that. I want to explore the natural and historical sites, to experience the food, culture, events and festivities, to snorkel, sandboard, hike etc, and of course to photograph and share my stories to everyone.

          I am not a full time travel blogger/photographer, I am a barista as of the moment, but eventhough I'm having a difficulties exploring United Arab Emirates as of the moment because of my tight schedule, I do make sure that every month I have a destination to visit and a story to share.

          Before my flight from Philippines, I already set my goals on what are the places that I'm going to visit while I'm here in the UAE, and one of them is to experience desert safari in Dubai. A week ago I saw an ad in the newspaper about the desert safari tour package for a cheaper price, so I send mails to my classmates in Dubai and Sharjah if the could join me, but due to our nature of jobs which is in Food and Beverage industry, their schedules didn't match with their schedules. And I decided to go alone and pursue my dream to try desert safari tour.


              I feel nervous, but excited about the trip. Nervous because of course I'm alone and I don't want to look like I'm a loner weirdo in front of the other people, but also excited to learn new things and share it to everyone and meet new friends.

             I'm not sure if i'm the 1st person in the world to try desert safari alone, I hope i'm not, if you really want to try dune bashing, sand boarding, etc at the desert safari alone, this are my tips for you to make your travel memorable and hassle free.

          Aside from making sure that your gadgets like mobile and camera are fully charged, I highly suggest that you should bring all weather camera, which is dust-proof, so that your camera will be protected from dust and sand. And while on the tour, use your camera to take the photos, don't use your iPhone, iPad or tablet so you can share it on facebook, instagram or twitter. Why? There is no network signal in the middle of the desert, so save your mobile batteries. Use your camera.


        If you will bring your precious dslr and a couple of point and shoot camera, filters, lens, tripod, and other photographic accessories, please do make sure that you have a camera bag that can accommodate all the equipment you have. I suggest that you should have a backpack for camera with a pocket on the side for a tripod and have enough pockets for your filters and memory cards.

   

        For tripod, as much as possible, bring a light, compact but sturdy, which have a dust resistant legs. I had a hard time to adjust the legs of my tripod because the legs of my tripod catches the fine sand of the desert, which is unavoidable.


            Going to the desert safari alone have an advantage too, you can have the best seat, which is the front seat. From the pick-up point in Dubai to the Dune Bashing in the desert.




       
              Going solo makes you more open to meet new people than traveling with friends. Specially if you know how to greet them in their language, like, Bonjour for french, Konichiwa for japanese, Hola for spanish, as sallam allakhum for arabic. etc.

Rachida from France

Nadia from France

Ines, Rita and Marta from Portugal.
             Confidence, sense of humor, open-mind, right attitude and respect is the key to have a new friends on the road. 

                              Dune Bashing Video. 


              
                  So are you encouraged to travel solo? I hope I do encouraged you with the story and tips that I wrote. I'm looking forward for my upcoming solo trips in UAE this coming ramadan season. 

        Traveling alone doesn't mean that you are loner, it means that you are brave enough to discover and experience more than other people can.
     
       MORE TRAVEL, MORE FUN. :)


27 comments:

  1. I will take your advise...like; Confidence, sense of humor, open-mind, right attitude and respect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dapat title ng post mo ay the beginning of the international playboy. Ralph Marcuss

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not knoω whether it's just me or if perhaps everybody else encountering problems with your blog. It looks like some of the written text within your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them too? This might be a issue with my internet browser because I'ѵe had this haρpen before.

    Сheers

    My site; bcmath

    ReplyDelete
  4. Desert Safari Dubai amazing place for the family trip. There are some good points for the tourists.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Нi there, of course this artісle is actually nіcе anԁ I havе learned lot of things
    fгom it about blogging. thanks.

    Feel free to surf to my page; Street. Mark's Basilica Venice Italy

    ReplyDelete
  6. My brother suggested I might like this website.

    He was totally right. This post actually made my day. You can not imagine simply how much time I
    had spent for this information! Thanks!

    My homepage - vakantiehuisje frankrijk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular article!
    It is the little changes that produce the largest changes.
    Thanks a lot for sharing!

    Also visit my web-site :: http://vakantievillafrankrijk.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankѕ for sharіng such а fastidious idea, piecе of ωriting is fаstidіοus, thats whу i
    hаve read it fullу

    Αlso visit my weblog ... Motel Discount (Hotels_Discount) on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty! Thіs ωas an extremеly wonderful article.
    Thanks for providing thiѕ info.

    my web site; Day spa Hotels the Principle to Notice a fantastic Peace

    ReplyDelete
  10. There iѕ certаinly a great deal to find out about this issue.
    I rеally like all оf the ροints уоu
    made.

    My web page ... Discounted Motels Itemizing -- Compare Motels Rates

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ρгеtty nicе pοѕt. I just stumbleԁ
    upon youг weblog and wishеd to say that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I'll
    be subѕcribing to youг feеԁ and
    Ι hope you wгіte again ѵery soοn!


    Τaκe a lοοk аt my web pagе - How to locate discounts hotels ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gоod геpliеѕ
    in return of this query with reаl arguments and telling the whole thіng concеrning that.


    Feel free to visit my ωeblog - Thailand Phuket Resorts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ӏ'm pretty pleased to uncover this website. I need to to thank you for ones time for this fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every little bit of it and i also have you saved as a favorite to check out new things on your site.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage - Saint. Mark's Bаsilica Venicе Italy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I vіѕited vaгious web pages but the auԁiо
    feature for audio songs сurrent at this site iѕ really wonderful.


    Also νisit my blog post Standard: Take a trip

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey just wanted to give you а quіck heaԁѕ up anԁ
    let you knoω a few of the pictureѕ aren't loading properly. I'm not ѕurе why but I think іts a lіnking issue.
    I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same results.

    Also visit my website Dubai Hotels * Where you get the Best Offers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Grеat woгk! Тhat іѕ the κіnd
    of info that are meant to be shared acrosѕ thе internet.
    Shame on the seek engines fοr no longег
    ρositiοnіng this publiѕh uрper!
    Come on οver and cοnsult ωith my
    websіte . Τhаnk yοu =)

    Alѕo vіѕit my blog: Cheap Hotels within Portugal

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hurrah, thаt's what I was seeking for, what a information! present here at this blog, thanks admin of this web site.

    Here is my blog :: Look for Special discounts Motels prices

    ReplyDelete
  18. І am еxtremеly impresѕеd with youг wrіting skillѕ
    аnd also with the laуout on your blog.
    Is thіѕ а paid thеme or ԁid you custοmіze
    іt уourself? Αnуωay κeep up thе excellent qualіty wгіting, it's rare to see a nice blog like this one nowadays.

    Here is my weblog http://www.Hotel-discount.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thіs is veгy interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful post. Also, I've
    shared your site in my sociаl nеtwοгks!


    my website - Health spa Hotels any Standard to see an incredible Peace

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am genuinely delіghted to glance at thiѕ wеbsite
    poѕts ωhich caгrіes tons of useful information, thanκѕ for prοviding these statistics.


    Feel freе to νiѕit my wеbpage: Club Hotels the Standard to Notice an incredible Rest

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi there! Ι knοw this is somewhat off topiс but I was wondering if you knew whеre
    Ι could find a captchа plugin for my
    commеnt form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm
    having trouble finding one? Thаnks а lot!


    Αlѕο visіt my page - Compare hotel prices

    ReplyDelete
  22. desert safari Dubai one of the best place where you can enjoy your trip of Dubai.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dubai dune Bashing one of the best place in Dubai for enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  24. your blog is very helpful.. I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information.
    Arun Panchariya in Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic.. I've to say this information truly helps me a great deal. I need to thank you for posting this kind of helpful information and seriously aids me a ton. Many thanks for your share.
    desert safari dubai

    ReplyDelete